The Holst Equation offers Part Time Controllership services to those small businesses that have a bookkeeper or small finance team and need someone to oversee the team. The bookkeeper may be qualified to take the books to a certain level, however may need some help to complete accurate internal financial statements, manage cash flows, manage HST, WSIB and source deduction compliance and provide pro-active business analysis.
Depending on the size and growth stage of your business our Part Time Controller services could range from one day per month to a few days per week. Our goal is to share our knowledge and experience and provide valuable services to small business owners at a much lower cost than a Full Time Controller.
Having regular internal financial statements allows a business owner to look at the business results and compare them to previous years or a target profit margin. As a small business entrepreneur you work hard to bring in new revenues and our goal is to work with you to ensure completeness of the billing and to collect what is due to you. We can also help you review your margins and cost structure.
Paul Bretton, the owner of the Holst Equation is a Certified General Accountant with 25 years of experience in small business and multiple companies. A recent controllership position held by Paul helping a company grow from $20M a year in sales to $60M a year in sales through organic growth and targeted business acquisitions. The Holst Equation also has access to other professional accountants with strong controllership experience.
Below is a list of services that our Part Time Controller can provide depending on the client needs.
- - Internal financial statement preparation & review
- - Review the bookkeeper’s work for completeness and accuracy
- - Reorganizing or building a financial team
- - Budgeting, forecasting, sensitivity analysis
- - Compliance regarding payroll source deductions, HST, WSIB, EHT
- - Profit maximization by analysis of margins, pricing, completeness of revenues & client billing
- - In depth review of overhead expenses
- - Performance measurement against targeted key performance indicators (KPI’s)
- - Pro-Active variance analysis, business analysis & strategic planning
- - Implementation of expense controls and procedures
- - Cash flow management & controls
- - Full cycle business acquisition consulting
- - Preparing a business plan and tendering out finance options
- - Accounting and operating system set up and integrations
Ideal for small business owners and their accounting team